Open Burn Restrictions
Due to hot and dry conditions, we will not be issuing ANY permits for open burning. This will continue until we get some significant rainfall. If you have any questions, feel free to call Flint Township Fire Department at 810-732-4413.
- Burn Permit is for one (1) day.
- No burning is allowed from 12:00 midnight to 6:00am.
- No burning is allowed with wind over ten (10) miles per hour.
- No burning when state's burning ban is in effect.
- No flammable liquids (gasoline, diesel fuel, oil) shall be used to start a fire.
- Open burning shall be conducted only on the property on which the materials were generated.
- Open burning of refuse and building material is prohibited.
- Open burning of stumps, tree cuttings over three (3) inches, leaves, pine needles, or grass clippings is prohibited.
- Open burning shall be constantly attended and supervised by a competent adult until the fire is extinguished and is out cold. the competent person shall also be a resident at the address where the burning is conducted.
- Except for barbecue, gas, and charcoal grills, no burning shall be undertaken within ten (10) feet or less from any combustible material, combustible wall or partition, exterior window opening, building exit, or property line.
- All permitted open burning shall be conducted in a safe, nuisance-free manner, when wind and weather conditions minimize adverse effects and do not create a health hazard or a visibility hazard to other residents or roadways, railroads, or airfields.
- Paper and cardboard in small amounts can be used to start open burns.
- Burn area or pit shall be no more than four (4) feet across amd the burn pile three (3) feet in height.
- Burn area or pit should not be under and trees or the tree canopy.
- A water source (garden hose or two 5 gallon pails of water) shall be available for fire control.
- Fire must be out by dark unless approved (out by 12:00 midnight)
- the fire shall be put out cold after burning.
- Over two acres burn pile shall not exceed five (5) feet height and ten (10) feet in width.
Call for a Burn Permit at 810-732-4413